CAF SIGNALLING has implemented various Management Systems, certified in accordance with the standards “ISO/TS 22163:2017 (IRIS V0.3), UNE-EN ISO 9001:2015: Quality Management”; “UNE 166002:2014: R&D Management”; “CENELEC EN50126, EN50128 and EN 50129: RAMS Management for railway applications” and “European Regulation ER402/2013 on Common Safety Methods (CSM)”, “UNE-EN ISO 14001:2015: Environmental Management” and the OHSAS standard “18001:2007: Health and Safety management at work”.
CAF SIGNALLING’s Board assumes maximum liability and commitment to the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of the Management Systems, in compliance with the requirements of the corresponding Standards.
The application of the SAFETY POLICY allows:
- Defining an organization compliant with the structure recommended by the CENELEC standards, complying with the competence and independence required for the pertinent SIL level.
- Defining a safety strategy for each project, described in a Safety Plan that states the safety activities to perform along the lifecycle phases, adapting the general procedure to the specific characteristics of the project.
- Establishing the methods for risk assessment and monitoring, to ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels using an iterative process of hazard identification, analysis, mitigation and assessment according to the acceptability criteria stated.
- Preparing a Safety Dossier of the signalling projects that summarizes the activities performed along the lifecycle, justifying and presenting evidences of the safety level achieved.
- Establishing a process of continuous improvement in the safety management, allocating sufficient and adequate resources, and providing all the means needed to ensure compliance with the requirements specified in the Safety Management System.
The R&D and QUALITY POLICY is based on the following principles:
- Development of products and services that comply with the customer’s needs, obtaining their maximum satisfaction at competitive prices.
- Focus on R&D activity as an essential element for the availability of our own Products that allow the company to provide efficient and satisfactory solutions for our customers, that are competitive in our target markets, profitable for our business, respectful of the environment and safe for our customers.
- Alignment of the R&D and Quality Management Systems with the strategic vision of the company, complying with the requirements of the standards ISO/TS 22163 (IRIS v.0.3), ISO 9001, UNE 166002
- Establishment of bases upon which to build a process of continuous improvement for the Management Systems, that ensures the systematic review of the company’s processes and procedures under a failure prevention, effectiveness and efficiency approach. – Extending and involving all levels of the organisation in the principles of the Management System.
- Elaboration of training programs in order to guarantee the qualification of people undertaking their activity, their involvement in the business project and their personal and professional development.
The ENVIRONMENTAL AND HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY is based on the following principles:
- Alignment of the Environmental and Occupational Risk Prevention System with the mission of CAF SIGNALLING, in compliance with the requirements of the standards ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Establishment of bases upon which to build a process of continuous improvement for the environmental behaviour and occupational risk prevention in the company from a proactive perspective, systematically revising the processes and work conditions in order to protect the environment, including the prevention of possible damage to the same and promoting the health, safety and well-being of the employees.
- Identification and prioritisation of significant environmental aspects for control and minimisation of the associated environmental impacts.
- Compliance with the legal requirements applicable for Environment and Health and Safety issues at work, as well as any other additional requirement determined by the association or interested parties.
- Concienciate, educate, inform and promote the participation of those that form part of the organisation in order to encourage them, achieving their well-being and satisfaction and promotion serious commitment to environmental protection.
- Require the implementation of environmental and employee protection policies by suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Guarantee and provide the appropriate and sufficient both, resources and means, in order to ensure compliance with this policy.