The project, worth 23,380,558.28 €, involves the installation of the Automatic Banalised Blocking System on the La Gineta-Socuéllamos section and the Centralised Traffic Control between Alcázar de San Juan and Albacete.
This action includes the installation of the Banalised Automatic Blocking System (BAB) on the La Gineta-Socuéllamos section, as well as the Centralised Traffic Control between Alcázar de San Juan and Albacete.
The BAB is a blocking system that allows traffic to run on a specific track in both directions depending on operating needs, with the aim of significantly increasing the operability and capacity of the railway infrastructure.
On the other hand, the installation of the CTC will mean an additional improvement in traffic regulation, as it will manage traffic regulation from a centralised post that controls the line’s signals and diversions.
The scope of the project includes, in particular:
- Installation of a new electronic interlocking (device used to configure railway routes by activating signals, turnouts, etc.) at the stations of La Roda, Minaya, Villarrobledo and Campo de Criptana.
- Extension of the traffic management facilities at the Valencia Fuente de San Luis CTC and the creation of a Regional Operations Post (PRO) in Albacete, which will perform backup functions for the Valencia CTC.
- On the La Gineta (exclusive)-Alcázar de San Juan (exclusive) section, the signals will be replaced by others with LED lights and the analogue ASFA driving assistance system will be replaced by the digital one, in compliance with European regulations and with greater performance.
- Adaptation of the interlockings at Río Záncara, Socuéllamos and La Gineta to enable remote control (remote control and management) from the CTC in Valencia and the PRO in Albacete.
- Integration of the Campo de Criptana-Albacete section in the Central Post of the Valencia CTC Fuente de San Luis.
This action contributes to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 9, which includes among its goals the promotion of sustainable, reliable and quality infrastructures.